FREE FOR SUBSCRIBING AGENCIES
PWC Entertainment and Media Outlook – 2017 – 2021
AdForum World Summit Feedback – Paris – Autumn Preview
SCOPEN agencyScope South Africa 2017 Highlights
Date: Tuesday 14 November 2017
Time: 14:00 pm – 17:00 pm (Registration at 13.30 pm)
Tea, Coffee and Soft Drinks will be served
Venue: IoD – Institute of Directors – 144 Katherine Street, Grayston Ridge Office Park, Sandton
Who should attend: CEOs, MDs and Senior Management across all agency departments
Masterclass with cover the following
- PWC Entertainment & Media Outlook – 2017 – 2021 – An African Perspective - In-depth analysis of the trends shaping the entertainment and media industry in South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana and Tanzania. An interactive presentation with Vicki Myburgh, Entertainment and Media Leader PWC Southern Africa and Charles Stuart, Associate Director Entertainment and Media Practice
- Adforum World Summit Feedback – Paris – Autumn Preview – Highlights from meetings with VCCP, Herezie, Madras, BETC, Serviceplan, You & Mr. Jones, Accenture, Havas and KBS Albion – Johanna McDowell (CEO IAS) and Cesar Vacchiano (CEO Scopen)
- SCOPEN agencyScope South Africa 2017 Highlights from the 2017 Research – Johanna McDowell and Cesar Vacchiano
These Masterclasses are available free to subscribing agencies and their staff. All names and titles of staff members must be registered with IAS before attendance is approved. There are no costs for any subscriber to attend the IAS Masterclasses. For non-subscribers a once off cost of R3000,00 ex VAT per Agency attending will be applied.
Should you wish to know more about becoming a subscriber to the IAS range of services to agencies, please be in contact with Nikki Munsie or Johanna McDowell on 010 594 0281
- Vicky Myburgh Vicki has been with PwC – Price Waterhouse Coopers - for 24 years. She is the South African Leader for PWC’s Entertainment and Media Practice and is a partner in the Assurance Practice. The Entertainment and Media Outlook was born from her passion for the industry and the need to have more relevant South African and indeed African information to complement the global information that is available. Charles Stuart Charles has been with PWC for 14 years. He is an Associate Director in PWC’s Entertainment and Media Practice. As a member of the editorial team since the inception of the Outlook, Charles has a keen interest in the trends shaping the dynamics of the Entertainment and Media industry.
- Johanna McDowell Currently the Managing Director of the Independent Agency Search and Selection Company (IAS), and with a background that includes being on both the agency and the client side of the fence, Johanna McDowell is well placed to offer commentary on marketing and advertising in both the South African and international contexts. McDowell has built her career in marketing and advertising since 1974, holding directorship in both South Africa and British advertising agencies until she was appointed Managing Director of Grey Phillips Advertising in 1988. An entrepreneur at heart, McDowell understands the industry from the inside: She built Integrated Communications, a public relations-driven marketing communications company that went from zero base in 1991 to an R 8 million fee turnover by December 2004. After graduating in marketing and business studies, her experience had spanned large corporates including banking, manufacturing and retail both in UK and South Africa, along with a 15-year stint in two of the largest advertising agencies in South Africa and in a medium sized agency in the UK. Widely published and quoted in local media, McDowell regularly gives media input on topics such as: Delivering high quality B2B communication results, The importance of measurement tools to marketers, Why agencies often don’t make the next round of a pitch, Managing and strengthening client/agency relationships for long-term success, The importance of ethical dealing and truthful communication etc.
- Cesar Vacchiano Cesar graduated from Madrid Complutense University in Economics and Tourism. After participating in several seminars in Business Administration and Management in USA (UCLA and YALE) he started working as a consultant. In 1989 he joined Programas de Consulta, and worked for the WTO involved in UN Development Programs. He also worked to develop the National Parks of the Canary Islands. In 1991, he decided to move to Ballester Consultants in Paris where he started working with French advertising agencies in consulting projects and total quality improvement. He returned to Spain in 1993 where he started working in Grupo Consultores (now SCOPEN) where he developed the Research Department of the company. He became responsible for the AGENCY SCOPE, MEDIA SCOPE, SALARY SCOPE, TREND SCORE, DIGITAL SCOPE, PRODUCTION SCOPE and PR SCOPE across more than 20 markets. SCOPEN is currently the leading consulting firm specialized in the communications industry with a deep research base. The company provides services to advertisers, agencies and the media. Since 2009 he has been the President and CEO of the company and he is responsible for the international expansion of the Group. He has developed projects in many countries, and SCOPEN now has offices in Spain, Portugal, UK, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, China, India, Singapore and South Africa.
About the IAS
The IAS (Independent Agency Search and Selection Company) in association with the AAR Group (UK) was founded in South Africa by the Mazole Holdings Group in 2006.
IAS specialises in client/agency relationship management and helping clients find agencies.International associate company AAR Group, was founded more than 35 years ago in the UK and has associates and branches throughout the world.
The Independent Agency Search & Selection Company is committed to the international and local pitch guidelines as defined by both the IPA (Institute of Practitioners in Advertising UK) and the ACA (The Association of Communications Agencies SA).
Mazole Holdings is a South African company owned 51% by Dan Moyane and 49% by Johanna McDowell.
The IAS is a level 2 BEE contributor.