The first steps of open-toed freedom into the warm weather across South Africa need not be shaming for fingers and toes that have spent too long under the covers of lockdown and winter.
Shannon te Roller, GM of Mundipharma SA, distributors of Betadine® products in Southern Africa, says unsightly nails on feet and hands are a real part of the social anxiety of stepping out into summer weather. “But feet can now be prepared to put their best selves forward with our exciting new Betadine™ Emtrix™ Fungal Nail Solution. The product is clinically proven to improve nail appearance in one week1A – and it’s the number one nail solution in the USA, Sweden and Taiwan.”2,3,4
Betadine™ Emtrix™ Fungal Nail Solution is used to treat discoloured and deformed nails resulting from fungal infection or psoriasis1B – and within eight weeks, it improves nail thickening, discolouration, brittleness and softness. Results are noticeable after one week of treatment.5
Fungal nail infections affect 19% of adults across the world6, 50% of the elderly7, as well as children8. Psoriasis affects 2-3%9B of the population, 80% of whom could have nail psoriasis9A. Betadine™ Emtrix™ Fungal Nail Solution is applied directly to the site of infection and changes the nail itself, improving the surface and keeping it in good condition.1B,C
“Fungal infections and nail psoriasis can be painful and far more than a cosmetic nuisance,” adds Te Roller. “Betadine™ Emtrix™ Fungal Nail Solution is another innovative product from Mundipharma which keeps putting its best feet forward in its efforts to meet medical needs in South Africa.”
BETADINE™ EMTRIX™ Fungal Nail Solution is currently available at selected Clicks stores and leading pharmacies across South Africa.
-- ENDS --
For more information, please visit www.mundipharma.co.za/
About MUNDIPHARMA SOUTH AFRICA
Mundipharma South Africa is a prime example of an organization that consistently delivers high-quality healthcare products while standing by the values it represents. Its mission is to alleviate the suffering of patients and to substantially improve their quality of life. Mundipharma South Africa is dedicated to bringing to patients the benefit of novel treatment options in fields such as pain, ophthalmology and consumer healthcare.
For more information please visit: mundipharma.co.za
BETADINE®is an important and well-established consumer healthcare brand in the Mundipharma South Africa portfolio with a wide range of products used by healthcare professionals and consumers around the world for over 60 years. Its product range have redefined feminine intimate health, antiseptic care for wounds, scalp and oral health and now also nail care.
For more information please visit: www.betadine.co.za
Please refer to the Information for Use.
™: BETADINE is a Trademark of Mundipharma
®: BETADINE is a Registered Trademark
™: EMTRIX is a Trademark of Advantice Health
- BETADINE™ EMTRIX™ Fungal Nail Solution Instructions for Use, December 2018.
- USA: Symphony IRI ending 12/29/2019.
- Nielsen Scantrack, Market: Apotek Totalt, Ending Period: W 2019 36.
- Nielsen Retail Audit data: Sales Volume (‘000units) – PCS&COOP Pharmacy I Period ended December 2018.
- Piraccini BM, Starace M, Toft A. Early Visible Improvements during K101-03 Treatment: An Open-Label Multicenter Clinical Investigation in Patients with Onychomycosis and/or Nail Psoriasis. Dermatology 2017; 233:178-183.
- Akhtar N, Sharma H, Pathak K. Onychomycosis: Potential of Nail Lacquers in Transungual Delivery of Antifungals. Scientifica 2016; ArticleID:1387936, 12 pages.
- Hultenby K, et al. The Effect of K101 Nail Solution on Trichophyton rubrum and Candida albicans growth and ultrastructure. Mycoses 2014; 57:630-638.Elewski BE. Onychomycosis: Pathogenesis, Diagnosis, and Management. ClinicaMicrobiologyReviews1998;11(3):415–429.
- Rosen T. Concepts in Onychomycosis Treatment and Recurrence Prevention: An Update. Seminars in Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery, 2016; 35(3S):S56-S59.
- Dogra A, Arora AK. Nail Psoriasis: The Journey So Far. Indian J Dermatol. 2014;59(4):319–33.
ISSUED ON BEHALF OF MUNDIPHARMA (PTY) LTD BY ANGELFISH PR & EVENTS. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT ANNIE HODES ON 083 325 4445.