Redefining the Season: #GivingTuesdaySA Inspires Generosity Beyond Black Friday's Shopping SpreeSubmitted by: Zane
Following the excitement of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday emerges as a beacon of goodwill, marking the commencement of the charitable season when hearts turn towards holiday and end-of-year giving.
Join millions around the world on November 28, 2023, as GivingTuesday becomes a day to fuel a global celebration of generosity.
GivingTuesdaySA Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bin1o5mFM8
This powerful global phenomenon leverages social media and collaboration to inspire individuals and non-profits to engage with their communities, fostering meaningful social change. Sne Vilakazi, the Lead for GivingTuesday South Africa, emphasizes the importance of acknowledging everyday heroes who contribute to making their communities better.
"GivingTuesday provides a remarkable opportunity to encourage and celebrate our everyday heroes who do their bit to make their communities a better place. In a time when it seems like hope is getting lost because of the challenges we face as a country, it’s refreshing and inspiring to see ordinary people raising their hands to be counted as people who contribute to making a difference." - Sne Vilakazi, GivingTuesday South Africa Lead
Launched in 2012, GivingTuesday began as a simple idea: to create a day dedicated to doing good. Over the years, it has evolved into a global phenomenon that motivates millions to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity. Asha Curran, CEO, and co-founder of GivingTuesday, underscores the impact of this movement, stating that it inspires people worldwide to drive progress around causes they care about throughout the year.
"GivingTuesday inspires people all around the world to embrace their power to drive progress around the causes they care about, not just on one day but throughout the year." - Asha Curran, GivingTuesday’s CEO, and co-founder
Get Involved with BackaBuddy:
Join BackaBuddy, South Africa's largest donations-based crowdfunding platform, in celebrating #GivingTuesdaySA. Here's how you can participate:
1. Donate to a Cause: Visit www.BackaBuddy.co.za and contribute to a cause that resonates with you.
2. Amplify on Social Media: Share crowdfunding campaigns on BackaBuddy’s social media pages and raise awareness for a cause you are passionate about. Use the hashtags #GivingTuesdaySA or #GivingTuesdaySouthAfrica to join the conversation.
3. Non-Profits and Community Organizations are encouraged to register on BackaBuddy to raise funds for various needs here: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/charity/registration. Benefit from BackaBuddy's 0% platform fee for registered non-profit organizations, ensuring that more funds go directly to the causes you serve.
4. Create A Crowdfunding Campaign: Individuals are encouraged to create crowdfunding campaigns on #GivingTuesdaySA to support a charity they are passionate about here: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/champion/register
GivingTuesday invites those interested in joining the movement to visit the GivingTuesday South Africa website: https://www.vukawanele.co.za/about-vukawanele/giving-tuesday-south-africa/ or connect on social media via the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/GivingTuesdaySA.
Whether you dedicate #GivingTuesday to helping a neighbor, a charity, volunteering your time, or donating funds to a good cause, every act of generosity counts!
GivingTuesday is the global generosity movement dedicated to transforming communities and the world through radical generosity. Born in 2012, it has evolved into a global force inspiring hundreds of millions to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity. GivingTuesday envisions a world where the catalytic power of generosity unlocks dignity, opportunity, and equity worldwide.
- Stellenbosch's Little Givers Launches Urgent Appeal to Bridge Funding Gap for Underprivileged Children
- Miracle in Motion: Kempton Park Teen learned to walk again after life-threatening brain condition
- South African Celebrities Join #StepItUp Dance Challenge to Raise 1 Million Rand for Children Born with Clubfoot
- Santa's Shoebox Project Unwraps Holiday Magic with Virtual Santa Shoeboxes
- Overcoming the 'Ball-Ache' of Testicular Cancer: Cape Town Photographer raises over R230 000 for cancer treatment