The public is urged to join the Miss Junction 21 contestants in their support of the local SPCA by making donation of pet food and blankets in the designated collection point at the entrance to Junction 21 Indoor Market, Pepper Square in Boksburg. The entry fee for Miss Junction includes a tin of cat or dog food as part of your entry in support of the SPCA.
Lourdes Holder and Bianca Birnie are two of the five prestigious judges that will decide on the winners, first and second princesses of the Miss Junction 21 contest, which features different age group categories from 3 years up to 20 plus. They list their tips on competing in pageants.
Birnie is an African Queen Foundation ambassador and motivational speaker. Her titles include: Queen of Africa 2018, Mrs Glamour Africa 2017 and Mrs Glamour International second runner-up 2017. She is the owner of HmH School of Modelling and Deportment.
Birnie's winning tips
- Dress in a stylish, elegant and age appropriate manner.
- Wear shoes you can walk in and always feel comfortable in what you are wearing.
- Don't wear too much make-up - it should be natural. I love natural beauty.
- Personality is very important
- you need to have fun and just be yourself on the stage.
- Enjoy every moment.
Holder has almost 9 years of modelling experience. She has won various competitions such as model of the year, Mr en Mej Jansie, Mej Persoonlikheid and Top 1 Model. She was part of the HmH School of Modelling and Deportment.
Holder's winning tips:
- When walking on stage always look at all the judges as well as the crowd. As nerve-racking as it might be, it is very important to interact with the judges and crowd.
- Spend a few minutes on stage as it give the judges enough time to check for all the points.
- If wearing open shoes or high heels, you need to have a strap as flip flops and the sound of shoes clicking will cost you points. Those from older groups can wear high heels without a strap as long as it fits properly and they can walk in them.
- Bra straps should not show and no underwear should show through your clothing.
- Have fun and smile.
Amazing prizes have been announced for the Miss Junction 21 contest, including: cash, set of nails, cosmetics, hair cuts and blow waves, meals, food vouchers and discounts, costume jewellery and evening tops, soft toys, bath salts and bubble bath, flowers and bouquets.
Parents are welcome to enter their children into this contest. Each contestant is allowed one costume in line with the theme of the event, which is formal evening wear.
Date: 5 June 2021, 12H00-16H30.
Venue: Junction 21 Indoor Market, Pepper Square, Boksburg
Entry fee: R150 plus a tin of cat or dog food as part of your entry in support of the SPCA.
For online payment, rules, terms and conditions, and to download the entry form, click https://junction21.co.za/product/miss-junction-21-entry/
All entries need to be submitted and paid for in full by 30 May 2021.
074 549 0005
1 Oosthuizen Road, Bardene, Boksburg