Thermal imaging surveys involve the use of thermal imaging cameras to visually represent surface temperatures of an object in order to identify thermal anomalies that indicate possible defects.
Thermographic surveys are typically required for 3 reasons:
- Commissioning of New Equipment/Buildings: Thermography can be used to identify potential defects at the earliest possible stage; enabling remedial works to be carried out before the building or equipment is handed over to the client.
- Maintenance Activities: Thermography can be used as part of a predictive maintenance or condition monitoring programme to identify defects early such that remedial works can be scheduled around business operations preventing unplanned production downtime.
- Fault Diagnosis: Where equipment is suspected of operating under faulty conditions or demonstrating evidence of poor performance, thermography can be used to provide further information which can assist in diagnosing the suspected issue.
Thermal imaging for electrical applications
Thermographic surveys on electrical distribution equipment can identify potential problems long before failure. They are often carried out in support of:
- Commissioning new switchgear
- Predictive maintenance activities
- Insurance requirements
- Fire risk assessment recommendations
Thermal Imaging for Building applications
Building thermography is the only non-intrusive way to locate missing insulation and thermal bridges within the fabric of a buildng. A survey can:
- Demonstrate compliance with Building Regulations
- Identify Energy savings
Thermal imaging for Mechanical applications
Thermographic inspections of mechanical equipment indentifies problems before failure, reducing unplanned downtime. Our thermography services are used for:
- Commissioning new installations
- Baseline performance assessments
- Trending performance changes
- Predictive Maintenance Strategies
Thermal Imaging for Leak Detection & Moisture Issues
Thermal imaging provides a non-destructive method of understanding the extent and locating the source of sub-surface pipe leaks or moisture ingress in to the building fabric:
- Limits unnecessary damage to floor coverings
- Carried out in support of insurance claims
- Commissioning of new buildings
Thermal imaging on Underfloor Heating Systems
Resolving issues with underfloor heating systems can be extremely difficult and very costly. Thermography enables a non-destructive assessment that can:
- Locate each sub-surface pipe
- Verify installation against design spec
- Diagnose causes of poor performance
- Locate the source of leaks
Thermografix Maintenance Solutions approaches and reporting structures have been developed following many years of meeting the requirements expected by Insurance Companies, Safety Auditors, Maintenance/Engineering Managers and Building Control.
By appointing Thermografix Maintenance Solutions to undertake a thermographic survey, you can be assured that the full benefits of thermography will be delivered in an efficient and professional manner at a highly competitive cost.