Mundipharma South Africa proudly introduces the latest addition to its flagship BETADINE™ range of infectious disease therapies. BETADINE™ EMTRIX™ Fungal Nail Solution is clinically proven to effectively treat the nail fungus and nail psoriasis and improve the nail appearance even after one week of regular application. 1
Fungal infection or nail psoriasis are characterized by thickening, splitting, pitting and discolouration of the nail. 2,3 These conditions may affect toenails or fingernails, but fungal toenail infection are notably more common, whereas psoriasis are more prominent in fingernails. 3,4 Fungal infections are often linked to wearing closed shoes, walking barefoot in bathrooms or showers where the fungi thrive. It is also seen more often in people suffering from diabetes or compromised immunity, while others are prone to fungal infection genetically. 5,6
Fungal nail infection affects the finger and toenails of 2 – 14 % of the adult Western population. It can also affect children and up to 50 % of people over 70 years of age. 5,7
The untreated fungal infection may cause great discomfort and even pain, preventing general activities and work-related tasks such as prolonged standing, writing, or typing. It may even be the cause of falls in the elderly. 4,5,7
Used to treat discoloured and deformed nails resulting from fungal infection or psoriasis BETADINE™ EMTRIX™ Fungal Nail Solution applied to the infected nail once a day for eight weeks, improves nail thickening, discolouration, brittleness, and softness, with noticeable results after the first week of regular treatment. 8
General Manager for Mundipharma South Africa, Shannon te Roller, said – ‘Many of us may think of fungal infections as merely a cosmetic nuisance, but for sufferers, fungal infections can have a significant effect on the quality of their lives.’
‘Mundipharma continues to expand its BETADINE® portfolio and is committed to offering innovative, market-leading healthcare products to address unmet medical needs of patients in South Africa’– she added.
BETADINE™ EMTRIX™ Fungal Nail Solution is currently available at selected Clicks stores and leading pharmacies across South Africa.
-- ENDS --
About MUNDIPHARMA SOUTH AFRICA
Mundipharma South Africa is a prime example of an organization that consistently delivers high-quality healthcare products while standing by the values it represents. Its mission is to alleviate the suffering of patients and to substantially improve their quality of life. Mundipharma South Africa is dedicated to bringing to patients the benefit of novel treatment options in fields such as pain, ophthalmology and consumer healthcare.
For more information please visit: mundipharma.co.za
BETADINE®is an important and well-established consumer healthcare brand in the Mundipharma South Africa portfolio with a wide range of products used by healthcare professionals and consumers around the world for over 60 years. Its product range have redefined feminine intimate health, antiseptic care for wounds, scalp and oral health and now also nail care.
For more information please visit: www.betadine.co.za
Please refer to the Information For Use.
™: BETADINE is a Trademark of Mundipharma
®: BETADINE is a Registered Trademark
™: EMTRIX is a Trademark of Advantice Health
- BETADINE™ EMTRIX™ Fungal Nail Solution Instructions for Use, December 2018.
- Akhtar N, Sharma H, Pathak K. Onychomycosis: Potential of Nail Lacquers in Transungual Delivery of Antifungals. Scientifica 2016; ArticleID:1387936, 12 pages.
- Dogra A, Arora AK. Nail Psoriasis: The Journey So Far. Indian J Dermatol. 2014;59(4):319–33.
- Elewski BE. Onychomycosis: Pathogenesis, Diagnosis, and Management. Clinical Microbiology Reviews 1998; 11(3): 415–429.
- Rosen T. Concepts in Onychomycosis Treatment and Recurrence Prevention: An Update. Seminars in Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery, 2016; 35(3S):S56-S59.
- Muth CC. Fungal Nail Infection. JAMA 2017; 317(5):546.
- Hultenby K, et al. The Effect of K101 Nail Solution on Trichophyton rubrum and Candida albicans growth and ultrastructure. Mycoses 2014; 57:630-638.
- Piraccini BM, Starace M, Toft A. Early Visible Improvements during K101-03 Treatment: An Open-Label Multicenter Clinical Investigation in Patients with Onychomycosis and/or Nail Psoriasis. Dermatology 2017; 233:178-183.
BETADINE™ EMTRIX™ Fungal Nail Treatment. Contains Propylene Glycol, Urea, Glycerol, Lactic Acid, Water,
Cape Town, South Africa, 7441. www.mundipharma.co.za ZA-M-BET-0420-0013 MEEMT116
ISSUED ON BEHALF OF MUNDIPHARMA BY ANGELFISH PR & EVENTS. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT ANNIE HODES ON 083 325 4445.