General Safety Tips:
- Keep matches out of the reach of children.
- Do not overload electrical sockets or run electrical cords under carpets.
- Install smoke detectors and fire extinguishers in your home – don’t forget to check them at least annually.
- Take care with portable heat generating appliances such as irons, kettles and heaters.
- Develop and practice an escape plan - plan two ways out of every bedroom.
- Never use flammable liquids for starting braai fires or to remove stains from clothing.
What to do if a fire occurs:
- Display your local Fire Department telephone number near the phone then learn it.
- Crawl low in smoke.Never open a door that is hot to the touch.
- Wake everybody in the house.If your clothing catches fire - STOP, DROP, ROLL.
- Have a safe place to meet out of the house.
- Never re-enter the house for pets or personal belongings.
- Tackle the fire if it is safe to do so.
The Securadoor Fire Blanket
The Securadoor Fire Blanket is an essential must-have safety device for every home and business. Made from 100% glass fibre, it is used to smother incipient (starting) fires, depriving it of oxygen and ultimately stopping it in its tracks.
The Fire Blanket is folded into a quick release fire retardant mechanism, making it easy for use for beginners. It can be installed for ease of access in accident prone areas in your home such as the kitchen and is also an essential in every business such as workshops and garages etc. as well as for your car.
The Securadoor Fire Blanket is available in the following sizes:
- 1m x 1m
- 2m x 1.2m
- 5m x 1.5m
- 2m x 2m
Order yours today from Makro Online and stop fires before they start!