Join Us as we unpack the provisions of the new Carbon Tax Bill
The Carbon Tax Bill which has been debated for the past 8 years has finally been signed into law and has been effective since 01 June 2019.
The Bill imposes a liability on the greenhouse gases emitted during the production of goods and services. The nominal tax rate is R120 per tonne of carbon emitted, although with the various tax-free allowances the rate could drop to between R6 and R48 per tonne.
Allowances included are:
- a basic tax-free allowance of 60 percent for all activities,
- a 10 percent process and fugitive emissions allowance
- a maximum 10 percent allowance for companies using carbon offsets to reduce their tax liability
- a performance allowance of up to five percent for companies reducing the emissions intensity of their activities
Address: 36 Wierda Road West, Sandton
Cost: R2950.00 excl VAT
Included in the cost
- Comprehensive course manual
- Legislative documents
- Refreshments and lunch
- Certificate of attendance
About Your Expert Presenter
Yasmine Miemiec is a qualified Carbon Tax Analyst and a Director of 5 Inc, a waste transformation and BEEE project implementation organization.
Yasmine has a qualification in Environmental Management and Third World Development from the Open University (UK), is a Climate Leader in AI Gore's Climate Reality Corp and is a graduate of the International Labour Organisation's Green Jobs training.