Date: 14 October 2021
Time: 10h00 to 15h00 (VIRTUAL)
The Greater Tygerberg Partnership (GTP) knows better than anyone the potential for future growth in Bellville, the second metropolitan node of the City of Cape Town. The GTP will unpack the investment case for Bellville at its annual investment conference on the 14th of October 2021 starting from 9h30am.
The platform offers the best of virtual reality in conferencing communications to present a dynamic, interactive and engaging stage for meaningful connections to be made. This event will host investors, developers and asset managers a chance to network and to connect with others who are finding commercial benefits of being in Bellville.
The conference offers you the media an opportunity to connect with Warren Hewitt, CEO at GTP and other key speakers:
Event speakers include:
- Warren Hewitt, CEO of the GTP who will be unpacking the investment case for Bellville,
- David Downey, President and CEO of International Downtown Association, explaining the significance of complete cities,
- Geordin Hill-Lewis, the DA Mayoral Candidate for Cape Town, discussing what makes cities work,
- A panel of experts will discuss and field questions on the core theme: What does Bellville’s sustainable future look like?
- Additionally, the City’s MAYCO members will also be addressing the conference, further enhancing the commitment to the re-establishment of Bellville as a critical node for the metropole.
Interviews will be available to you on request. And, ou are welcome to consider interviews which we can also facilitate with the conference sponsors and partners:
- TUHF, a specialised commercial property financing company that finances property investors exclusively in inner cities
- City of Cape Town
- Devmark Property Group, developers of the R2bn Galleria development in Tyger Valley, and affordable accommodation developments in Bellville South
- DHK Architects, a multi-disciplinary design studio incorporating architecture, urban design, landscape architecture and interior design
- The University of the Western Cape, which has been located in Bellville since its establishment sixty years ago, and which has been implementing a phased expansion of its campus buildings in the Bellville CBD
- Real Estate Investor, who are developers of the custom-built virtual conference space
The conference will unpack the various sector assets that Bellville has to offer and the growing opportunities therein. For example, property values in Bellville have increased by 52.5% over the past decade.
The profile of the Bellville CBD has shifted in recent years, reflecting a growing trend towards integrated diverse urban lifestyles in response to a demand for more accessible transport, access to work opportunities, student city amenities, and affordable housing infrastructure.
The event will be a digital conference and exhibition hosted in a custom-built 3D GTP space to enable more interaction with guests, speakers and exhibitors. Live-streamed and pre-recorded on-demand content will be available to all users. It is a pairing of real and virtual realities enabled via billions of connected devices and accessed through the interface of virtual and augmented reality.
Please include in your response should you like one-on-one interviews and with whom, so we can secure time with the key spokespersons. The programme and registration link will be shared upon your confirmation.
We look forward to hosting you on 14 October!